Sunday, July 22, 2012

DIY classroom project #1

I wanted a place to sit at the front of my classroom and I happened to have an extra stool hanging around my home. I could have just brought it to school but it looked very grungy and old. I also wanted to put my initial on it because my school is rented. This means that my classroom is used for religious education on the weekends. I don't expect my stuff to disappear but as there will be many people walking around during the weekend I wanted to be able to easily identify my things in case it got moved to another room. I think it came out super cute!

Steps:

1. First I had my husband sand the stool.
2. Then I got him to spray paint it black.
3. Next I made a stencil out of card stock and cut out the printed part. I then laid the stencil on the stool where I wanted it.
4. After that I traced the stencil lightly with a pencil and took the stencil off.
5. Using the pencil lines as my guide I painted in my letter.

It took two days to do this because I wanted to make sure the spray paint dried completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment